The Gumby Team Presents ‘Sixty Years of Gumby’
Panel at Comic Con on Sunday, July 12.
Get a glimpse into Gumby’s world during a panel presentation at Comic Con in San Diego on Sunday, July 12, 2015, at 11 a.m. in Room 29AB.
A panel from Gumby’s studio (Premavision/Clokey Productions) and industry experts will discuss the creation of Gumby, stop motion animation and the art and stories of Gumby’s Eisner Award-winning comic books.
The family that created the beloved clay boy will share the inside scoop on how Gumby became such a pop culture icon. Art and Ruth Clokey brought Gumby to life six decades ago in 1955. As the world celebrates the 60th anniversary of Gumby being molded from clay, Joe (Art and Ruth’s son) and his wife Joan carry on the family tradition as they head up Gumby’s studio.
Art Clokey, a pioneer in the field of stop motion animation has inspired generations of artists, animators, photographers, puppet makers, directors and producers. He received the Inkpot Award in 2006 for lifetime achievement.
With new productions in the works, and a newly re-mastered library of episodes being released on DVD, Gumby is poised for a major Renaissance.
The Comic Con panel will feature:
- Joe (President and Producer) and Joan Clokey (Creative Director), who will share some personal anecdotes about Gumby, show behind-the-scene clips and touch on the history of the character
- Gumby Animation Director Anthony Scott (Nightmare Before Christmas, Coraline, Corpse Bride, The Little Prince…)
- Harry Walton (Indiana Jones, Nightmare Before Christmas…), longtime Gumby animator and FX guru
- Rick Geary (National Cartoonist award winner…), Gumby comic book illustrator
- Mary Flynn (NCircle Entertainment)
We’ll see you there!
Have a question? Send us a message.